Great places to eat and drink on Vancouver Island. Links to Vancouver Island restaurants, Island food festivals, west coast brew pubs, great delis, coffee shops, island microbreweries
> Food and Restaurants
Food and Restaurants
- Bakeries and Coffee Shops (10)
- Bakeries and coffee shops on Vancouver Island
- Bistros and Modern (10)
- Bistros and Modern cuisine
- Breakfast, Lunch and Diners (8)
- Specialists in breakfasts and lunches, plus diners around Vancouver Island
- Breweries and Wineries (19)
- It's remarkable just how many independent breweries and wineries there are on Vancouver Island. Wine tours and brew pubs.
- Catering Services (2)
- Vancouver Island's premier catering services, for weddings, parties, corporate events etc
- Ethnic Cuisine (6)
- Specialty cuisine from around the world, Cantonese, Jamaican, Thai, African etc.
- Farm and Food Production (15)
- Vancouver Island food producers, farms and other food producers, farmers markets, cheese makers,
- Farmers Markets (4)
- Some of the dozens of farmers markets operating in most communities on Vancouver Island
- Finer Dining (19)
- Finer dining
- Pubs and Grub (34)
- Every town has its share of pubs and casual restaurants.
- Seafood And Sushi (7)
- Vancouver Island has access to some of the world's freshest most delicious seafood in the world, with chefs who are proud to prepare and serve it.
- Vegetarian and Vegan (3)
- Vegetarian and vegan specialty foods.
The Clayoquot Oyster Festival is a celebration of the abundance and beauty of the sea. In Clayoquot Sound, oysters give us lots to celebrate about. On most of the oyster farms in Clayoquot Sound, oysters hang on long lines in the deep, cold waters filtering water to eat and grow. Currently about 50,000 gallons of Pacific Oysters (Crassiostrea Gigas) are harvested annually in the area.
On Thursday, March 29th, thousands of islanders will fill their plates to fight AIDS. 65 restaurants will donate 25% of your food bill to AIDS Vancouver Island.
Invite your friends, colleagues and family to join you to dine out and fight aids for breakfast, lunch and/or dinner!
Diners will have the chance to win a luxury cruise for two courtesy of Expedia CruiseShipCenters (Vancouver Island) and Azamara Club Cruises. As well, Stella Artois will donate $1 from every sale of their beer in participating restaurants on March 29th.
When it comes to creating great chocolate, there can be no shortcuts.
At Hot Chocolates, we make every one of our chocolates by hand following the same artisan methods that we’ve adhered to since 1986.
We start with Callebaut’s finest Belgian chocolate. Then we carefully select ingredients such as house-roasted nuts and fresh cream and berries. The result is an eclectic selection of truffles, barks, fresh fudge and other confections that express our core values of quality and freshness.
Lefty's Fresh Food Restaurants celebrating 10 years of 'fresh', located in Qualicum Beach and Parksville, British Columbia, Canada. At Lefty's we take pride in two lasting philosophies: Fresh Food and Great People. We strive to make each visit something more than just a great meal. We call it the Leftcoast Experience.
4 Days of Fine Food • Fabulous Wine • Great Company February 23th – 26th, 2012
Together in the common cause of fine wines, decadent edibles, and great company, Parksville's finest beach resorts are proud to sponsor the 4th annual Parksville Uncorked Wine & Food Festival.
Most rooms feature ocean and mountain views. The Inn is within walking
distance to all that Port Hardy has to offer including shopping, groceries and entertainment. Be sure to check out the Thunderbird Mall, Mickey Finn's pub or Alexandros Seafood & Greek Restaurant and make time to stroll the water front 'Carrot' park. Enjoy your stay in our clean and quiet environment.
BC's roaster of organic, direct fair trade, carbon neutral coffee - Salt Spring Coffee. Our mission at Salt Spring Coffee is to source and roast the best direct fair trade coffee in the world, while operating our business in the most socially responsible and environmentally conscious way we can
The Slow Food Vancouver Island and the Gulf Islands Convivium works to supports farmers, breeders and artisan food producers to link with the consumer. We work towards safeguarding our right to food sovereignty.
We also encourage a sustainable model of agrifood production and promotes collaboration between producers, cooks and the general public to change the way food is produced today. We promote buying local products as much as we can and share them with others through tasting seminars, dinners, educational events and try to learn and enjoy the great products we have on the Island.
Up Your Media is Vancouver Island's mobile Apple computer specialist. Regularly scheduled service calls to the West Coast, Port Alberni, Duncan, Cumberland, Parksville Qualicum and Nanaimo. Macinstosh computer repairs, training, upgrades and support.